- High school graduation, GED or its equivalent.
- Successful completion of or an equivalent of one full-time academic semester (12 academic semester hours) or academic quarter (18 academic quarter hours) at an accredited college, university, or other postsecondary school.
Prospective students must also:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- Be in good health and able to bend, twist, lift at least 50 pounds, and be free from communicable diseases.
- Not listed as unemployable on the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and have not been convicted of a criminal offense listed in Texas Health and Safety Code 250.006.
- Have a current TB test or chest x-ray within the last 12 months showing no active TB.
- Obtain and complete an application form at the program office or online
- Submit completed application form with the required fee and documents including:
- Proof of successful completion of high school graduation, GED or its equivalent.
- Proof of successful completion of the equivalent of one full-time academic semester (12 academic semester hours) or academic quarter (18 academic quarter hours) at an accredited college, university, or other postsecondary school.
- Be in good health and able to bend, twist, lift at least 50 pounds, and be free from communicable disease.
- Not be listed on the Nurse Aide Registry or Misconduct Registry (for the State of Texas) in revoked status; (School will verify this status) *When a student applies to the school they are giving permission for the school to conduct a criminal history check, verification check with the Nurse Aide Registry, and the Misconduct Registry in the State of Texas.
- Evidence of current CPR card
- Evidence of current TB test with negative result
Students are able to take advantage of our interest free Payment plan Available upon request.
To enroll, please complete the form with your information. This will be the initial part of the enrollment process at Texas Institute of Health Careers.
Your educational background and experience will be further evaluated and you will receive a confirmation call when you qualify for the course you wish to enroll into.